Fall into some Fabulous Family Fun Activities and Events!
1. Picnic at Fall’s Park and enjoy Reedy River.
2 Visit Carowinds Amusement Park for the Great Pumpkin Fest (now – November 1st) and for adults and teens, visit Scarowinds!
3. Visit The Children’s Museum of the Upstate and have fun exploring through play!!
Explore their all new exhibit:
Buddy’s Safety Town
4. Enjoy a FREE movie this fall in Easley!! Movies on the Market features a FREE movie this fall each Saturday through October 3rd.
5. Go to Lowes and attend a Lowes Build and Grow session with your children! Not only will you sharpen your building skills with your child, you get to leave your wallet at home, as this activity is totally FREE…Always register, as summer slots fill up super fast! Check with your local store for more details. This program is nationwide!
6. Try your hand at a craft through Home Depot’s Kids Clinics, also a fun and FREE activity and way to spend a Saturday morning with your children! Once a month these free workshops are offered. Register first…and be sure and check with your local store for more details. This program is nationwide!
8. Head over to Barnes and Noble to enjoy storytime. Check your local store for more details.
9. Visit Furman University and enjoy their beautiful campus, play, explore, and picnic there!
10. Go skating at a local skating rink!
11.Visit a state park!!
12. Go bowling!! Fun family times can be had anywhere! Bowling is one of those fun activities that just about anyone can do!
13. Play backyard games…it doesn’t need to cost an arm and a leg..you can grab some side walk chalk and make a hop scotch board!! The possibilities are endless!
14. See a play through the South Carolina Children’s Theatre or enroll in a fun class!
15. Visit the National Whitewater Center in Gastonia for lot’s of outdoor family fun, including a zip line!!!
16. Visit a local farm
17. Spend the morning at the TD Saturday Market and buy local produce!
18. Explore Haywood Mall and join the Kidgit’s Club for just $5
20. Take a trip to the State House in Columbia..
21. Visit EdVenture Children’s Museum!
22. Visit the South Carolina Aquarium
23. Visit Myrtle Beach and explore Brookgreen Gardens.
24. Explore Botany Bay and take a walk back in time in this beautiful, natural habitat!
25. Attend a fall festival in your area.
27. Enjoy a trip to Issaqueena Falls and Stumphouse Mountain Tunnel in Oconee. It is breathtaking and a wonderful family trip!
28. Explore Lake Jocassee!
29. Visit Lake Keowee…
30. Spend a day at Riverbanks Zoo and Garden in Columbia!
31. Enjoy a fun day at Hollywild Animal Park! Feed the animals and explore!
32. Attend a Clemson Tigers Football game at Death Valley
33. Attend a high school football game!
34. Visit the Miniature World of Trains in downtown Greenville.
35. Visit Roper Mountain Science Center.
36. Visit the Upcountry Museum in Greenville.
37. Visit the North Charleston and LaFrance Fire Museum.
35. Visit the SC Firefighting Museum in Taylors.
36. Visit Denver Downs Farm and Corn Maze in Anderson!
37. Spend the day at Folly Beach, SC.
38. Visit Nivens Apple Farm and pick some apples!
39. Visit a fire station! Always fun and free if they are not too busy!
40. October is Fire Prevention and Safety month …look for local activities to attend, and be sure and educate your family.
41. Attend the train festival at the Mauldin Cultural Center.
42. Enjoy a day at the downtown airport park and enjoy lunch at the Runway Cafe.
43. Trick or Treat in your neighborhood, at the Mall and find Fall Festivals in your area!
44. Visit the Greenville County Art Museum.
45. Visit Gravitopia or Sky Zone in Greenville…an indoor trampoline park.
47. Attend Enchanted Tracks at the Greenville Pavilion.
48. Attend Kid’s Events at AC Moore and Michaels..Check your local store for more details.
49. Attend “Get out Greenville” on October 3rd
50. Build a cool ride at Ridemakerz in Myrtle Beach, SC.
51. Go rock climbing at the Mauldin Sports Center.
52. Visit a local Farmer’s Market.
55. Attend Community Day at Powdersville Volunteer Fire Department on October 10th from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm for family fun, and fire safety!
56. Attend The Easley Fire Department Open House on October 8, 2015 from
5:00 PM-8:00 PM
Where: Fire Station No. 2 – 180
Glenwood Road Easley, SC
57. Attend Moonlight Movies at Falls Park in Greenville: 8:00 pm-10:00 pm
58. Attend Boo at the Zoo.
59. Attend a Trunk or Treat or Halloween Festival locally.
60. Watch or attend the Palmetto Bowl game between the Clemson Tigers and South Carolina Gamecock’s.
Rainy fall day? No need to panic….Check out my rainy day kid’s guide.
Would you like to be a part of my fall bucket list? If so, please contact me and we will try to add you on! All events/venues must be family friendly.
The Mommy Times urges you to check venues for hours, times, prices, etc.
*While we do our very best to provide accurate information, always verify pricing with venues listed as everything is subject to change.*
*The Mommy Times cannot guarantee prices or deals….always check before you go!*
Disclosure: Some of these venues listed above, I review from time to time, however, it does not change my opinion or influence my decision to add them to my summer bucket list. This is my list of family favorites in the Carolinas!