Today we visited Devil’s Fork State Park, which is located in Oconee County, just thirty miles from my home. Devil’s Fork State Park is home to the majestic clear blue Lake Jocassee. Our family absolutely loved this gem in the Carolinas nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is absolutely breathtaking, and well worth a visit!!
Be sure and bring comfortable climbing shoes, or water shoes. The rocks are everywhere and can be slippery. Bring some sand toys in your park pack! Don’t forget a towel and a change of clothes…a store and restroom is available a short ways from the beach area. Always be prepared with sun protective clothing, water to keep you hydrated, and a few snacks, too! This state park offers natural beauty, scenic trails, hiking, as well as nature trails, swimming, fishing, boating, geocaching, scuba diving, canoe and kayaking, multiple picnic shelters, playground, a small beach to play in the sand, and dip in the water!
HOURS AND ADMISSION
- Admission : $2 adults; $1.25 SC seniors; age 15 & younger free.
- Days and Hours of Operation : Late spring to mid-fall, 7am-9pm, daily; late fall to mid-spring 7am-6pm, daily.
- Office Hours : 9am-5pm, daily.
- Tours : The Oconee Bell Nature Walk is held each year in March to explore the rare wildflower that can be found at the park. For more information check the programs and events listing.
- Enjoy our state parks, and don’t miss out on Devil’s Fork State Park. It is a beautiful park with an abundant array of natural attractions for your family!!
161 Holcombe Circle, Salem, SC 29676