Summer Solstice begins on June 21, 2015 and will last until mid September.
We are looking forward to cook outs, water parks, beach trips, the park hop, and more, but we are especially looking forward to enjoying these sunny summer days together!!
1. Picnic at Fall’s Park and enjoy the Reedy River, Liberty bridge and all of the beauty it holds.
3. Go see a $1 movie!!! Yes…that’s right…during the summer, you can find discounts to all sorts of activities including $1 movies!!
4. Go to Lowes and attend a Lowes Build and Grow session with your children! Not only will you sharpen your building skills with your child, you get to leave your wallet at home, as this activity is totally FREE…Always register, as summer slots fill up super fast! Check with your local store for more details. This program is nationwide!
5. Try your hand at a craft through Home Depot’s Kids Clinics, also a fun and FREE activity and way to spend a Saturday morning with your children! Once a month these free workshops are offered. Register first…and be sure and check with your local store for more details. This program is nationwide!
6. Visit the Greenville Library for fun activities and storytime, like Storytime on the Spectrum. Last summer we enjoyed visiting Sam’s Traveling Petting Zoo at our local library. They have many fun events for families in the summer!
7. Head over to Barnes and Noble to enjoy storytime. Check your local store for more details.
8. Go see the Greenville Drive play at Fluor Field!
0. Participate in the 3rd annual Park Hop from Livewell Greenville!
10.Visit a state park!!
11. Go bowling!! Fun family times can be had anywhere! Bowling is one of those fun activities that just about anyone can do!
12. Play backyard games…it doesn’t need to cost an arm and a leg..you can grab some side walk chalk and make a hop scotch board!! The possibilities are endless!
13. See a play through the South Carolina Children’s Theatre or enroll in a fun summer class!
14. Spend the morning at the TD Saturday Market and buy local produce!
15. Explore Haywood Mall and join the Kidgit’s Club for just $5
16. Visit the Greenville Zoo! Before leaving, be sure and stop at Cleveland Park’s playground!
17. Enjoy a train ride at Heritage Park on the weekends! Stop by the playground for an entire afternoon of fun!
18. Enjoy a trip to Issaqueena Falls and Stumphouse Mountain Tunnel in Oconee. It is breathtaking and a wonderful family trip!
19. Explore Lake Jocassee!
20. Visit Lake Keowee…
21. Enjoy a fun day at Hollywild Animal Park! Feed the animals and explore!
22. Play in the children’s fountain at Riverplace in downtown Greenville.
23. Enjoy a hot summer day at Discovery Island Waterpark in Simpsonville, SC…Waterparks open on Memorial Day Weekend.
24. Visit the Miniature World of Trains in downtown Greenville.
25. Visit Roper Mountain Science Center.
26. Visit the Upcountry Museum in Greenville.
27. Visit the SC Firefighting Museum in Taylors.
28. Attend Touch a Truck on June 8, 2015 in downtown Greenville.
29. Visit a fire station! Always fun and free if they are not too busy!
30. Attend Community Day at the Fire Station in Powdersville…
31. Attend the train festival at the Mauldin Cultural Center.
32. Enjoy a day at the downtown airport park and enjoy lunch at the Runway Cafe.
33. Visit the Greenville County Art Museum.
34. Visit Gravitopia or Sky Zone in Greenville…an indoor trampoline park.
36. Visit 7th Inning Splash Park in Piedmont. Waterpark opens during Memorial Day Weekend.
37. Attend Kid’s Events at AC Moore and Michaels..Check your local store for more details.
38. Go tubing in the Saluda River!
39.. Go skating!
40. Visit a local Farmer’s Market.
41. Experience movies in the park this spring & summer in the Upstate..
42. Attend Music on the Market in Easley, SC! Enjoy this FREE event with live music, vendors, and kid’s FREE activities!!
43. Cool off at one of our local waterparks.
44. Enjoy Greer’s Moonlight Movies this year at the Greer City Park Ampitheater! FREE, and FUN!!
45. Attend Friday Night Fireworks at Fluor Field and celebrate The Greenville Drive’s 10th season!!
46. Visit the Miniature World of Trains in downtown Greenville.
47. Watch racing at the Greenville Pickens Speedway.
48. Visit the Greenville Zoo.
49. Visit the splash pad in downtown Anderson.
50. Enjoy a free summer concert at Furman University.
Rainy day? No need to panic….Check out my rainy day kid’s guide.
Would you like to be a part of my summer bucket list? If so, please contact me and we will try to add you on! All events/venues must be family friendly.
The Mommy Times urges you to check venues for hours, times, prices, etc.
*While we do our very best to provide accurate information, always verify pricing with venues listed as everything is subject to change.*
*The Mommy Times cannot guarantee prices or deals….always check before you go!*
Disclosure: Some of these venues listed above, I review from time to time, however, it does not change my opinion or influence my decision to add them to my summer bucket list. This is my list of family favorites in the Carolinas!